Monday, September 15, 2008

My Granny

So far it seems that my Granny is healing up well. Unfortunately her memory is a great concern. We first thought it was because of the morphine but she hasn't been on that for days now and she still is in such a confused state. I am worried that this might be permanent. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My sis came into town late Wednesday night and spent considerable time with her and I know that was very special to Granny. Between her and I, I think we were the majority of her visitors. For some reason the grandchildren of our family seem more concerned than her own children.

Life has been so hectic and tiring - it would have been nice to have an extra day to recover but I'm trucking along. It's funny how stress affects you. Yesterday I was watching a show in the afternoon and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I finally gave in and had a nice long nap.

I think the reality of the situation finally hit me as in church on Sunday I was extremely teary. Perhaps I held it in, I'm not sure. It did feel good to release some of it.

I'm trying to keep as normal routine as possible. My knitting is keeping me really busy. I had previously thought I could even run a contest as my stash of cloths is running over - but then I have received many requests from family members and I think they have dibbed out almost my entire stash. Maybe sometime this winter once all my holiday knitting is out of the way.

3 comments:

  1. Is your Granny still eating well?

    We had a friend that was in the hospital. He didn't like the food so he didn't eat anything. He showed signs of confusion. But, when he started eating well, the confusion went away.

    Hope something simple will be the cause of your Granny's problem. We'll be keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keeping your granny in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. It was a crazy time when Sirdar's elderly parents were in the car accident in the spring. Unfortunately, Sirdar's mom (83) still has not got her memory back completely. It isn't just a memory thing, it is a logic thing as well. It is so hard to watch and not be able to help and sometimes she realizes it, and other times, she doesn't even know what she says isn't even logical. I feel for you and your family and will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete