Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of My Christmas Knitting Projects


I am making this shawl for my 7yo niece for Christmas. I found it while searching on Ravelry for Prayer Shawls and I thought it would be so nice and snuggly. Her mom thinks it's a great idea and she can wear it in class during the chilly winter months to keep warm. I found the Coral Gable colour of Homespun quite nice, it's not a flat colour and I think it is knitting up very nicely.

I've named it 'A Hug From Auntie'.... because on Ravelry that's what you do, name your projects, it's so much fun to choose a name. I will have to make it smaller but I have to decide when it's big enough. For the adult version it calls for 9 repeats of the pattern, I'm thinking 5 or 6 might do it.

It's knitting up so quickly I am at about 35% of the way already and I just started it last night. I think even if I was to make the full size adult version I could make it up in a couple of evenings. It only requires 2 balls of Homespun for the adult size. It would make a great last minute gift. I am thinking of making one for my Granny. The more I work with the Homespun the more I like how it feels, it's just so wonderfully soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment