Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I'm being stalked by a snowman


Sure he looks all cute and innocent but just wait to you see what he's been up to.

It started one balmy summer day when he appeared in my mail along with some money saving coupons. He winked at me and told me to get my name in soon so he would be reserved for me in time for Christmas. He was beautiful. Mr. Snowman has a train that drives around the base and a lovely Thomas Kinkade town inside that lights up! Look at him shine!

Now I was tempted, I carried that little postcard offer card around with me for a long time. At one point it even made its way to the car. But alas, I did win and it never did make it's way to the mailbox. I had a moment of weakness where I actually cleaned the car out looking for the postcard but it was gone - I figured it was probably for the best.

But recently I was at the collectible today website browsing for something else(which cannot be named for security reasons) and there he was smiling at me. I was weak, I can admit it and I added it to my shopping basket and got as far as the checkout. Then I was smacked out of my dreamlike state into reality when I saw the price for this little guy. I quickly got away from the site and didn't look back.

That must have got Mr. Snowman all upset as he was determined to have a home with me for Christmas. I started getting last chance emails from him, we've reserved him just for you as long as you come back today, well the today stretched into tomorrow and on and on it went.

He got even more creative this week. I was leafing through my latest Canadian Living magazine when a card slips out and wouldn't you know it - it was an order form for the lovely Mr. Snowman. I don't know how he was able to pull that little trick but he is darned and determined. I got my latest 'last chance' email from the little bugger today.

I'm holding strong though, at almost $200 it's hard for even a die hard snowman collector like me to rationalize spending that kind of money on myself just before Christmas. We'll see how long I can resist his persistent daily emails.

5 comments:

  1. He sure is gorgeous though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder he's trying to psyche you into buying him - thats a whopper of a price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:52 pm GMT-6

    security reasons? wow your working for the FBI now mom? :PP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear him calling out to you ....
    "you KNOW you want me"!

    He is gorgeous, but sheesh! he's a pricey one, ain't he?

    ReplyDelete