Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


Here is my Mr. Snowman, I'm ready for winter now. The snow we did get has nearly all melted, but it won't be too long that we'll have enough snow to make a real Mr. Snowman.

It was fun to make, although I kept getting a huge cloth when using 4mm needles as the pattern suggests...I have no idea what my gauge was like, I went down to 3mm needles - and I didn't enjoy using them. I am going to look in my needle stash for some different ones to use. It may be hard to see from the picture but I used Bernat Handicrafter Christmas yarn and there is a silver thread with the white. I think I'll be making a few of these.

Pattern was purchased at Knits by Rachel.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love the sparkles!

    Almost makes it look like real snow --- uhh, not that I'd have any recent experience with real snow...ya know...living in Florida and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a cute cloth. I'm waiting for a first snow. Here in Missouri we never know whether we'll have a little or a big snowy or a no snow winter. At least I get to enjoy your first snow. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. I was admiring the bibs also. That other snowman you have been resisting is extremely tempting. I am glad I haven't noticed those cards. Of course I will now.

    ReplyDelete