Sunday, November 23, 2008

Busy Beaver

Well I've been a busy beaver this weekend. I am nearly finished one of my big Christmas knitting projects. I sat and knit for 3 hours straight yesterday and two more hours this morning.

Then it was off to the store to pick up some lotion and tissues to take to my Granny. She is in a nursing home and I wanted to pick up some of the Christmas themed boxes. I thought they'd pretty up her room a bit.

We had a nice visit. She had a dream of the house she used to live in so I thought it would be fun to pull out the photo albums and show her pictures. She had a lot of fun remembering.

Then it was off to Michael's to pick up a set of Christmas cookie cutters, they were on sale and I have never had a full set. While I was there I saw a set of two Christmas tree light up sculptures. They were on sale for 40% off so I picked up a set to add to our outside decor. Next year I must get some snowmen. They had them at Michael`s too, but the price was a little more steep than I wanted to go.

Next stop - grocery store. Two things I learned from that. 1. Don`t go to the store when you`re hungry and 2. Don`t go on the afternoon of Grey Cup Sunday. Enough said. So I picked up a couple of things. I want to make dessert tonight so I needed 3% milk for homemade rice pudding and I just had to have some Christmas oranges.

Everywhere you go it`s starting to feel like Christmas is coming - so exciting!

Now I think it`s time for me - before I get to dessert that is.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know they made 3% milk? Well anyway. Glad you had a nice time with your Granny, I bet she really enjoyed looking through those albums. I know I sure do sometimes so when I get much I probably still will. And do I hear you on not going to the grocery store when you're hungry. I do sometimes and seem to come out with twice as many groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Grey Cup Sunday?

    Funny you should mention rice pudding. I just pulled out a recipe to make some that makes just enough for two.

    ReplyDelete