Saturday, November 01, 2008

Cheat Sheet

I found this over at Lovin Comfort Knits and thought I'd let it be my first post for November. I was surprised at how much I've done knitting wise - I should be more fearless.

I'm planning on designing some dog booties but I'll do that with crochet and a dog sweater that I want to knit for Oliver for Christmas, but it can't go through his paws, he hates that. I'll see what I can come up with.

The rules:


Bold the things you've done.


GREEN the things you are currently doing.


RED out the things you've abandoned or will never attempt.


Italicize the things you want to try




Afghan(baby only)


American/English Knitting (vs.Continental)


Baby Items


Bobbles

Buttonholes


Cable stitch patterns (including Aran)


Cardigan


Charity Knitting


Continental knitting

Cuffs, fingerless mitts, arm warmers

Darning


Designing Knitted Garments


Drop stitch patterns


Dyeing with plant dyes


Dyeing yarn


Entrelac


Fair Isle Knitting

Freeform knitting


felting


Graffiti knitting/knitting items on or to be left on the street


Gloves


Hair accessories


Hat


Holiday related knitting


Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies.....)


I-Cord

Intarsia


Jewelry


Kitchener Bind off


Knitting a gift


Knitting and purling backwards


Knitting for a living


Knitting for pets(about to attempt this for Christmas)


Knitting for preemies


Knitting in public


Knitting items for a wedding


Knitting socks(well I am signed up for a Christmas stocking class that begins at the end of November - that will be my first attempt)


Knitting to make money


Lace patterns


Longtail Cast On(it rocks)


Machine knitting


Mittens:


Cuff upMittens:


Top down


Moebius band knitting


Norwegian knitting


Olympic knitting


Participating in a Knit-a-long


Pillows


Publishing a knitting book


Purses/bags


Rug


Scarf


Shawl


Short rows


Shrug/bolero/poncho


Slip stitch patterns


Slippers


Socks:


toe up


Socks: top down


Steeks


Stockinette stitch


Stuffed toys


Swatching


Sweater


Teaching a child to knit


Teaching a male to knit


Thrumbed Knitting


Textured knitting


Toy or doll knitting


Tubular Cast On


Twisted stitch patterns


Two ended knitting


Writing a pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment