Monday, November 17, 2008

Life, it's a Growth Experience

I think as you get older you realize that you are constantly growing and changing. From the self-absorbed teens to the twenties when life becomes all about becoming successful and raising a family. Somehow there are moments where it's easy to get lost or caught up in the 'busyness' of one's own life and not put oneself out there more.

I realized recently that I'm being called to do even more than just go to work, do housework and be a mom. Despite how busy my life gets there are other people that need to be considered. I'm being called to share myself even more.

I don't know if it's the feeling of Christmas that is approaching or not - but I am definitely feeling a lot more 'open' to making myself available to be there and enjoy moments that I have previously grouched about.

I think becoming aware of what keeps you from putting yourself out there and being open to new experiences and friendships is the key to changing. I have a bit of the 'they wouldn't want me around' complex. It's easy to turn that into a firewall around yourself to protect yourself from hurts and by doing so you also prevent yourself from all the loving and wonderful experiences that are gained by letting your guard down and truly enjoying the moments in life that God has placed before you.

It's just how I'm feeling at the moment - God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic observation! I feel God is really leading you and that you are listening. Sometimes we do get hurt by people around us, but don't let that stop you from staying open - the benefits will far outweigh the disappointments.

    ReplyDelete