Saturday, November 22, 2008

Spread a little Kindess Around

Have you ever been behind the line in the checkout and overheard a very rude customer? I think some people really thrive on making others miserable.

I know when I am at work and I have to deal with someone who is miserable it really makes me feel horrible.

This horrible feeling can be contagious and if I am not careful I can easily take the frustration I felt at home with me and share it with my family.

I know it's not always easy to be kind after spending several minutes waiting in line or if someone else has already shared some rudeness with you.

Soon Christmas will be upon us and what better time of year to spread some cheer and kindness around. Next time you're in a situation where you feel you could just snap at the next person you come in contact - do the opposite.

I think in the end you'll feel better sooner and the person who would have felt your wrath will go home happier and that will trickle into their families etc.

It's too easy to not think of the people behind the wheel of cars as people or feel that it's ok to be upset with the waiter for your food not being hot, etc.

This year take the time to spread a little kindness around - you'll be amazed at how good you feel.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe if we get really good at being nice at the holidays, it will spread into the rest of the year. We can only hope that is so.

    Very nice post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like to talk to sales people or cashiers like I want to be treated. As a former retail employee, I know what it's like to be talked down to. It would help if we could all treat each other equally.

    Nice post, particularly for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete