Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ten More Days to Go!!!!

Just ten days, ok - maybe I can finish after all.

Yesterday it started to snow and it was gorgeous! Nice big fluffy flakes. It really puts me in the mood for the Christmas season. I started up Media Player and searched through my albums for one of my instrumental Christmas albums. I love listening to instrumental Christmas music.

So there are 34 days to Christmas. It's time to plan the baking list. I know I'm going to make the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies that Joy posted on her blog, they are amazing. I also want to try a recipe for St. Nicholas Cake that my sister included in a recipe book that she gave me last year for my birthday. A nice book of some of her favorite recipes. Of course I always have to make jam jam's and butter tarts. I'm not sure if I'll add anything else or not.

We are having my SIL ane BIL over on Christmas Eve and probably my MIL and FIL as well so I'd like to have some baking to put out along with the appetizers. I am going to make Trifle for dessert on Christmas, it's to die for. I have recently been elected to make it for our staff Christmas party. It's so good I don't mind.

Having all the shopping done does help quite a bit. Now it's time to think of wrapping and decorating the house. We had to go to Home Depot on Sunday and buy all new outdoor lights. We picked up multi-colour LED lights and it looks really good. I would like to get some snowman for out front. I currently have a polar bear and he is lonely.

Don't forget to enter the 'Christmas Decor' Contest - it is open to all bloggers and non-bloggers. Click on the 'Christmas Decor' badge to be directed to the post that has all the details or click here. Contest ends on December 12 so make sure to get entered to win.

2 comments:

  1. Even thought I've got the shopping done I really haven't paid much more thought to Christmas. I think I'm holding off until Dec. 1st. Oh BTW, my camera is broken, so unless it miraculously becomes fixed I'll have to sumbit last years photos for your contest which is a bummer because I think I'll improve upon my decorating this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my Thursday Thirteen and linked here, first because I won the dishcloth contest last year and then to let everyone know about this year's contest. It got cold here but it hasn't snowed yet. I have to do a bunch of baking for the weekend for foyer lunch and grey cup so that is what I am concentrating on right now.

    ReplyDelete