Tuesday, November 04, 2008

You know your old when....


you are thrilled with a new kettle. Seriously as soon as I saw this kettle in the Canadian Tire flyer I knew I was going to get it, nothing was going to come between me and this new kettle.

I mean look at it, isn't it a beaut? First of all it's red and I absolutely adore red, secondly it's by Kitchen Aid so it's good quality and finally it was on sale for a great price of $19.99!

Now keep in mind my old kettle was beginning to show signs of age. It wasn't like this one where the bottom is all smooth, no seams. Mine had a seam and after many good cups of tea it was beginning to leak a bit in the seam. You see we are very fortunate to have 'hard water' and it's a B***H on things like kettles, coffee makers etc.

But even if my kettle wasn't showing signs of needing to be replaced, I still would have bought this. You see I have what is called newapplianceitis - that is by definition a person who wants a new appliance as soon as the one they own starts to no longer look brand new from the store - or when said person sees a new one in the store and gets lost in the shininess of the item, convinced that the features deem paying another pile of money - in fact no matter what the price you just have to have it even though the one you have at home works great, no abnormal wear and tear. Yes, I have newapplianceitis so when I saw this there was no question in my mind that I'd be buying it.

I've been having a bit of an argument with myself. Lately since we have our digital projector hooked up when I turn the t.v. on it goes automatically to the shopping channel - CAUTION - this is a dangerous thing.

Well lately every time it's on, it is showing Wolfgang Puck showcasing his new 28 piece set of stainless steel pots and pans for a great price of $278 and they look freaking amazing. I have been slapping my hands and my DH's - although we do deserve it. I can't remember the last time we bought a new set of pots and pans - ok I do but I don't want to admit to you that it was before the dinosaur age a few years ago. I suppose if it wasn't Christmas just around the corner I might just say what the hell. So I'm winning the battle for now, but it's an awfully tempting indeed.

3 comments:

  1. Your new teapot is very cheery.

    Me? I'm wanting a new toaster oven. I hate the one I have, but since it works fine, I just can't justify buying a new one. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT that kettle! Seriously - I really want it.
    I think come January your household will be home to a new set of pots and pans. BTW that is not a bad price if they are good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may have to change the channel!

    The tea pot is beautiful and I now see the light about Kitchen aid. Read my blog and you will see why!

    ReplyDelete