Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Knitting Mojo - You're Back!

I was not surprised to lose my mojo after all the projects I did. I made 8 pairs of Irish Ewe slippers, several dishcloths, 4 hats(well one was for me), bibs and baby booties and a sweater for my DH.

So after Christmas I just stopped - I didn't even look at the new Knitting Books that Dad gave me for my birthday - well ok, that isn't quite true. I did look but I didn't really LOOK if you get my meaning. There are some awesome patterns in these books and they can all be made with one skein of yarn.

So yesterday I dug out my beautiful knitting bag that my sister gave me for my birthday and I cast on for a ribbed hat that calls for the yarn I had leftover from making my DH's sweater. So now he'll get a new hat too and he won't be the only one in the house without a new hat. My DD is the proud owner of a nice beret in Cascade 220(Mimosa) and my DS is sporting a ribbed hat in Mission Falls 1824 Wool, which is very warm indeed.

I think a small project is just the thing to get my into the groove again - I can see a lot of projects being made from the 'One Skein' books as they take little time and investment and they are nice projects.

Here's the beginning of his hat and it is sitting on the knitting bag from my sis.

2 comments:

  1. There's something relaxing about knitting, glad you found your mojo. That hat is a fun one to knit up, my DS loves his and wore it today shoveling snow.

    Today I started making medicine bags for Shelly. Found a cool dice bag pattern which was a quick knit. Then it will be time to knit the second mitten, got it started!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, small projects are a great way to get that mojo back! You did a ton of Christmas knitting - I can't imagine being quite that generous with my time!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete