Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sad

Here is my injured wrist, of course I am sad to say that knitting isn't happening right now. Boy do I miss it! I even tried taking off the splint last night and knit a row, that caused some pain so I thought surely I could knit with the splint on, again I was sorely wrong. I've had this before, it is wrist tendinitis and I'm sure I get it from all the mouse use I do during work hours and of course when I am on the computer at home. I think last time it took about 4 weeks to heal up and even then there were times it got aggravated and I was in pain. Sadly there isn't a lot that can be done for it besides immobilizing it and letting it heal. The tendons in the wrist are all swollen and inflamed. My treatment is the splint along with ibuprofen and ice. I haven't tried ice before so I'm hoping that adding it to the treatment will help it heal up, hopefully much better than last time.

So for now I am sad that I can't knit and I'm looking for other things to do to keep busy. My sis recommended reading a good book. I have to find a book that I can't put down and maybe that will take my mind off of the fact that I can't knit.

Why is it that as soon as you can't do something that you want to do it even more?

5 comments:

  1. so sorry my friend, I hope it heals quickly for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO true! I never think about going somewhere until my car is in the shop. Then I can think of about a bazillion places I HAVE to go. LOL

    Hope you heal up quickly and can get back to your knitting.

    I'm reading Closing Time by Joe Queenan right now. It's kind of dark, but I'm enjoying it. Debbie Macomber has a new Blossom Street book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is four days later since you posted but I hope your hand is healing up nicely and you found a good book to help the time go by. Right now I'm reading "Hunting Humans" but that's because I'm weird and like to find out why humans hunt and kill other humans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you feel better and can knit soon. I know you love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor you! I get that too sometimes - having a job that involves typing all day and knitting as a hobby really doesn't help! I hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete