Thursday, June 25, 2009

Should this be the end?

That's what I've been pondering these past few weeks. Whether this blog has reached the end of its life.

Life has been total chaos and blogging has been the furthest thing from my mind. The odd time I'd feel this guilt build up as I know I haven't been blogging and quite often not even getting to read the blogs of my friends - it's terrible!

Thankfully I feel on the road to recovery after my influenza - NOT swine flue thank you very much! I wish it was Swine - this sucker hung on for over 4 weeks and I'm at the 5th week now and mornings are still rough with coughing and trying to clear stuff out - not pleasant to say the least.

Then I noticed that my DH who had been off blogging since the fall is at it again so maybe, just maybe it's still viable - if even just to keep a journal of what's going on in my life.

Today we went home for lunch even though our DD is off school for the summer. It's a nice break in the day. We ate our lunch on the back deck and I was surrounded by my beautiful flowers and even the knowledge that we had to head back to work was somehow not that unbearable.

I picked up the little teapot planter at Michael's, as soon as I saw it I just had to have it. Thankfully I got it on sale. The wave Petunia's are just perfect for it. The other tiered planters have geraniums, viola's and portulaca. They're just nice to have on the back deck. I have to enjoy the deck in the evenings and early mornings as we are South facing and there isn't much for shade so it is intensely hot. Today it's 30C which is 86F for my American friends and it's our really first HOT day! Thankfully I am blessed to have AC in work, home and the car. I'm one of those people who wilt in the heat, how can you tell my heritage is Norwegian...lol!

So I'm going to be back and I'm going to try to get more focus to this blog, especially since my job slows down to a turtle pace in July and August!

6 comments:

  1. If you gave up blogging I would miss you, but I have heard several others say the same thing lately, with twitter and facebook and my space no one wants to blog, who knew it would become obsolete so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join BWO (Blogging without obligation).

    You blog when you feel like it and feel no guilt when you don't

    I enjoy reading your blog. :-) But, I understand totally how overwhelming it can get if you feel you have to blog.

    The teapot planter is adorable. Good score at Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss visiting your blog my friend. We are home from China with our new little one and life is busy..Wish I lived closer so you could teach me a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others - blog when you feel like it and don't stress. I like checking in here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what everyone else has said. Blogging is for you - if you want to, then do it, but if you find it just adds stress to your day, then don't. I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. I had that flu through all of February and into March was still coughing in the mornings too. It was a terrible one. I hope you keep blogging even if just for that record. I guess that is why I do it, so I find it sad when people delete their blog. Even if you only write once a month, just so it is there to look back at. You have your sons grad on here and and other events, it would be sad to loose and it would be nice for you to have other events as they come up. I don't visit blogs as much as I used to, but it is picking up a bit this summer. I am on fb more too, which then seems like I keep in touch with people when not reading their blogs. I love the teapot planter. I wouldn't mind having some warm weather here after a bunch of rain. It has been a poor excuse for spring and summer so far.

    ReplyDelete