Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Knitting & Other Nonsense

I am currently knitting my DD a two tone ribbed shrug. I had bought the yarn last summer while I was visiting my sister in Vancouver. I used Cascade 220 in Blue Velvet for the MC and Cherise for the CC. At the time I thought I'd get around to knitting it for her for Christmas, but as usual I had taken on much more than I could possibly accomplish so it got put on the back burner. Since I am on a yarn diet I decided to go stash diving and when I saw the yarn for her project I thought I should finally knit it. She stumbled upon me during a quiet knitting time and I couldn't think fast enough when she asked what I was working on, so she now knows it's for her and what it is. The good news is that she loves the shrug and the colours I chose it's too bad I couldn't have surprised her with it. I am about 75% done and I aim to have it done by the weekend. I'll post finished pics soon.

In other knitting news I am thinking of making this it looks perfect for the fall/winter. The question remains what colour. I am on a yarn diet so I had thought of using my cascade red dipped for it but I'm thinking more practical now. Perhaps a nice grey or cream would be nice to go with more outfits.

Yes, the weather is now starting to make me think of fall. Even though we've had some nice temps during the day the air still has the fall type feel to it and it's now getting dark by 8:30 p.m. I have to say that's one of my least favorite things is the shortened daylight hours! It's hard to get out of bed when it's dark and by 8pm I'm thinking it's time to go to sleep...lol!

I made a fresh loaf of bread yesterday, has anyone else noticed how expensive bread is getting? I hear the crops aren't great here again so I imagine we'll have more increases in this yet again. I just about died at the price of flour! Even though it is outrageous it still has to be cheaper than buying bread, plus mmmmmmm fresh bread is the best!

I'll end with a funny quote from my DD - 'From the Mouths of Teenagers'.
"Mom, do you and dad actually make your bed EVERY day?"

3 comments:

  1. i want to do that wrap too am having a hard time with yarn choice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't particularly noticed that bread has gone up in price, but lunch out certainly has. I'm sure they've increased their prices because the cost to them has gone up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:26 am GMT-6

    There is nothing like homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete