Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What's Up

Today is baking day! I'm baking Pineapple Upside Down Cake, one of my absolute fav's! I don't do a lot of baking but since I am on holiday I thought I'd do some weekday baking.

Yesterday was the dreaded cleaning day. I had to clean out the fridge. Lucky me, I found a spill under the fridge that appeared to be molasses! So now the fridge was cleaned inside and out and even under so it's ready for Fall.

On Sunday we realized our washer isn't working, great! It's three years old and has been running just fine, no odd sounds or anything odd occurring. It's probably some stupid computer chip that went. It's a front load washer and I absolutely adore it. The last time we had to call a repair technician out for our stove for a simple dial that stopped working for a burner it was $250, seriously it was almost half the price of the stove brand new - just ridiculous. It wouldn't really pay to fix it again could get a new one for the cost of 2 repair jobs - sheesh! And they wonder why the landfills fill up, we live in a disposable world.

Back to school starts a week from today - and it seems to have my DD on extra edge. So that's been a joy to deal with. I'm hoping she gets under control soon! I think this year she will ride the school bus and maybe that will lessen some of our morning stress with her.

I just went online to the library and put some books on hold - I was going to reserve the Time Traveler's Wife but my line in queue was 102!!! I guess I'll be buying the paperback instead. I don't have the patience to wait that long for a book. I try to be ahead of the game with authors I read regularly - as soon as a book comes out that I know I want I try to get my name on the list before it's released or very soon after to prevent the long waits. I don't re-read a lot of books so buying them seems to be a waste.

Summer - where have you been? I don't know what kind of summer you are all having but ours has been very cool - temperature wise that is....! We've only had a very few HOT days and we've barely needed to use the A/C. That will be great for the power bill but considering soon we'll be needing to use the furnace it's a bit of a let down.

Off to bake!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on the appliance repairs --- for me it's the dishwasher. It has taken to howling during the wash cycle. The repair man is coming on the 26th to diagnose. Not sure when, exactly, it will be fixed. :-( The A/C guy is coming too, but that's just a yearly maintenance thing.

    We're in the middle of trying to work up our vacation plans. We know it will be Charleston, we just have to figure out WHEN! LOL

    Enjoy that pineapple upside down cake!

    ReplyDelete