Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A touch of the Old Fashioned


Years ago my mom got me started with embroidery. We had a local craft store that carried these neat Aunt Martha iron on transfers. I was soon hooked. I think I made everyone I know a set of 'day of the week' tea towels.

I used to be able to buy the tea toweling material at the fabric store and then I'd cut and hem them prior to doing the embroidery. These towels remind me of that.

I have to head to the craft store and buy a hoop, embroidery thread and a needle. I must have misplaced the tin I used to have that was full of embroidery floss. Oh well, it will be fun to select new colours. I will post progress pictures. Well I'm off to get supplies, I just can't wait to get started!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like fine, I am putting in a request for our next swap after the new year, for one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I love retro stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she is, but she deserves it!

    ReplyDelete