Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Scrumptious


These Coconut Macaroons are to die for! This recipe was given to me by my sister. Tonight was baking night. I got the jam jam dough made and it's chilling in the fridge to be rolled out and baked tomorrow, see how they turn out by visiting my sister's blog. She even has the recipe up to tempt you to bake a batch. Just like our Granny used to make. Granny must be reaching to us from Heaven as both my sister, Mom and I have all decided to bake these. They were a staple at Granny' house at Christmas.

1/3 cup flour
2 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 250F. Grease a cookie sheet well.
Mix coconut, flour and salt together in a bowl. Pour in condensed milk and vanilla and stir well to make a batter.

Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the cookie sheet allowing one inch of space between cookies. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on racks.

1 comment:

  1. they were always a favorite of my son's I wonder if he still enjoys them

    ReplyDelete