Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Spa Cloth Knitting

I was 'stash diving' the other night and I found two more skeins of Rowan Handknit Cotton. I adore this stuff! I have made four other cloths, just like these and the colour barely fades and they've been through many washings. I got the book 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders for my birthday last year and I fell in love with the simple but beautiful pattern. I had no Rowan and none to be found locally so I did some online yarn ordering and I was not disappointed. I have this lovely green and a nice pink left. Of course I hoard these cloths for my own personal use, who wouldn't? They are also gloriously soft, but shhhhhh, that is my secret!

Do you like my little coaster beside it? I adapted that a bit from another coaster pattern I have and I like it's little ruffled edge. It is nice to add some colour to my work space. I guess I am already dreaming of spring!

2 comments:

  1. The spa cloth turned out very nice. The coaster ...adorable.

    I could use a little spring right now. It's 47 degrees. We Florida girls just aren't used to that kind of cold. It's supposed to get down in the 20's tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spa cloth looks soft! I love quick projects and the one skein book has a great hat pattern that I used last year.
    I will need to look for Rowan handknit cotton around here to check it out. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete