Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Warm Hearted

If it's true what they say about a cold handed person being warm hearted, I may be one of the most warm hearted people I know....lol! No, I'm not generally a cold hand person - but when the temperatures drop I definitely get cold and when my hands are cold, I feel even that much colder. I am lucky to have a beautiful office with lot's of windows, but in the winter it makes me feel really chilly.

I got some One Skein Wonder books for my birthday last year from my Dad and I saw The Wave Hand Warmers in there and last January I bought two skeins of yarn to make a couple of pairs. I guess I had too much on my plate at that time or I didn't want to take the challenge as they are knitted using dpn's and I haven't really used them before. I was bored last night and I was going to make another spa cloth and then I remembered the hand warmers and I decided to dig out the yarn and needles and give it a try. I had to cast on two times, somehow the first time I did it I twisted the needles and it didn't look right so I tried agian and voila I had success. Before long I was progressing quite well and using the four needles didn't seem to be that big of a deal. Perhaps this is the step in the right direction if I ever plan to succeed with sock knitting :)

Check out more images at my Ravelry page.

3 comments:

  1. Your mitts are looking lovely.

    I HATE having cold hands. We have a convertible and I don't even mind having the top down in really cool weather...as long as I can keep my hands warm. I need to make myself a pair of "Mustang" mittens and keep them in the car. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do look great, my hands are rarely cold but I love knitting them anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! And yes dpns are hard to start, but it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete