Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympic Knitting


I finished my Olympia - which is a Colonnade shawl last night. I just had to pick up a button.

This is my first Icord I've made and after pulling out how-to instructions I was impressed with how easy they really are to make.

I picked up the second darker blue at a LYS and I think it is a good compliment to the summer sky blue. I used Cascade 220. I chose to finish the bottom off with the darker blue to pull the colours together and I like the effect. I wasn't sure about two colours at first but it is growing on me.

I might give it a gentle block this week to give it a tad more length. I'm happy I chose the blue it definitely suits me!

Next I have been browsing Bernat Cares new site. They have some wonderful free patterns for charity knitting and fundraising patterns. I am infatuated with the knit market bag and it will be next on my needles. I have the colour that it is pictured in so it will be a nice spring shopping bag in the Bernat summer splash. They also had a nice hat pattern to use in their Alpaca, of which I so happen to have a ball. Maybe I can do some stash busting for the summer and go on yarn diet.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you used the darker blue to finish the edge - as you said it really pulls it all together. I think a light blocking would really perk it up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors also, what a quick project. Isn't fun to always be planning the next project?

    ReplyDelete