Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cable Cloth


As promised here is a picture of the cable cloth that I made. I adapted it from `Knitting Made Easy - Coats and Clark - Beginner Basics: Patchwork Afghan(Cabled Square).

I CO 38 sts(this produced a 7 x 7 cloth) - next time I will CO 42. It is a multiple of 6 +2.
*Because my cloth was 7 x 7 I decided to pick up stitches along each side. I don`t know exactly how many I picked up but I did goof up on the top and for that reason there is a ridge along the top, that normally wouldn`t be there.*$

C4B or C4F - slip next 2 sts onto a cable needle and hold at the back 0r (Front) of work, knit next 2 sts from left hand needle, then knit sts from the cable needle.(I slide the stitches back onto the left hand needle and then knit them).

The original square for the afghan had you CO 56.

1st Row (RS): Knit
2nd and every alt row: K1, purl to last st, k1.

3rd Row: K3, C4B, *k2, C4B; rep from * to last st, k1.

5th Row: Knit.

7th Row: K1, *C4F, k2; rep from * to last st, k1.

8th Row: k1, purl to last st, k1.


Last night I cast on with my leftover knit picks comfy worsted. I am going to knit as many panels in this as I can in my different colors for a light and cozy throw.

3 comments:

  1. Oh - that would really suit my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern in a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super sweet cloths!!!!

    ReplyDelete