Friday, April 09, 2010

Knitting Storage


About a month or so ago I was at the fabric store getting a button for a project and I stumbled upon this Needle Art bag. It was on sale 75% off. I think it was around $14. They had it priced quite high originally.

The storage capacity is great. It also has eyelets up each side to feed the yarn through for when you are knitting. There is a nice big zippered pouch and three pouches to store knitting needles. It also stands up on its own - great for taking it with you places as it's not constantly falling over and spilling out your hand knits.

This is my new favorite knitting accessory! Now I have several knitting bags but this is the only 'official' kind I have, one with all the proper places to keep everything in its place. Now to actually get the items in the bag.

For now it is holding my comfort shawl and most of the yarn for that project. Somehow my knitting needles are stored in various jars and one needle wrap(of which I noticed is somehow only holding one or two odd needles).

Now a question for you knitters. Do you use the knit picks interchangeable circular needles? If so, how do you like them. I'd like to have more choices when it comes to cable length and I think an economical way would be buying the interchangeable needles.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought the knitpicks interchangables in the nickle finish. Yes, I really like them - they have a nice pointy end making lace work simple and the cord is extremely flexible. I've heard some people say they actually prefer them to Addi's which is quite something considering how expensive they are.
    Nice new bag!

    ReplyDelete