Tuesday, May 04, 2010

My New Toy


Here she is in all her glory! I ordered it from the Shopping Channel and she came with a bonus of a 3qt bowl and combi whip - which is great for smaller mixing jobs.

I have wanted a stand mixer my whole married life. I remember seeing my MIL's old Oster mixer and I thought it was just great. I had at best an Oster hand mixer in the past years, I was excited about that too. My previous hand mixers have had very little oomph to them.

This baby can move! We made some whipped cream to go with our strawberries for our dessert and it was the best whipped cream I've ever made!

Now the question remains, do I buy more of it's attachments that allow it to do more food processing or just jump in with both feet and get the 12 cup food processor, also in the beautiful Empire Red.

Soon my kitchen will be painted in CIL's 'Daisy Chain' and possibly painting our current cedar wainscotting in white. I'm ordering some red table/kitchen linens to pull it all together. I'm very excited to make this kitchen mine. We've lived in our home for 3 years now and I'm ready to put my stamp on it.

4 comments:

  1. have fun with her, I love mine, and it took me about 28 years to finally get mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have been really handy with small kids at home - too bad it takes so long to get some of the nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Kitchen Aid would make a good wedding gift - my friend Rosemary got hers then and loves it still. Hopefully you'll be putting up photos of the kitchen as you are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my KA --- but, I don't have spiffy red, just plain ol' white.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete