Thursday, May 26, 2011

On this day 22 years ago...

To the Love of my Life

On this day, 22 years ago we were young and full of hopes and dreams and maybe even a little bit afraid of the future. We started our life of together doing things just a little bit different from the norm. We met in February 1988 and for me it was love at first sight! I knew withing days of dating you that we'd get married. I had never met anyone like you before.






On that day 22 years ago the odds were stacked against us - the whispers around the hall we were married in were not unnoticed by us. I  noticed the glares my Granny gave us. We continued on, we knew and we smiled and had our day. It didn't even matter that we didn't pick the date and that an overbearing auntie-in-law had messed with the decor and made it a tad tacky.

When I walked into the room and saw your beaming face smiling at me I knew it would all be ok. I kept my eyes focused on you and nothing else mattered. In that moment of time everything else ceased to exist.
Here we were getting married, it was really happening! I loved you and you loved me. That love has gifted us with two beautiful children. Many years of good memories and so much more.

On this day I can sit and reflect on our life and the good times and the bad. We always managed to work together as a team getting past anything that seemed overwhelming. So many firsts we encountered together, discovering new things about each other each and every day! Knowing that my love for you grows stronger every day we are together.

I am looking forward to many more years of new discoveries and adventures. Oh yes, the adventures. One thing about life you learn is that it is full of many different adventures and you cannot always predict the kinds of adventures you will be gifted with. I am looking forward to many more years of adventuring with you. With you at my side I can do anything, we will see and so so much together. Like fine wine our love grows better with every year we're together.

Today when I look at you with all the love in my heart I say over and over again in my head "I do!"

Loving you Always and Forever!

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary --- wishing you many, many more happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always and forever love. "I do" with every part of myself. "I do" then, now and forever more. "I do" on each sleeping and each rising, my love, my life. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your marriage shows the rest of the world what God has intended by marriage. When people see the two of you together they get a glimpse of the love that God has for us. You are very blessed and I pray that you will continue to have many, many years together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and like Dee says many many more

    ReplyDelete