Sunday, August 01, 2010

Andean Treasure Shawl Success


I finished the Andean Treasure Shawl yesterday and blocked it this morning. I knit until it was 54" but I never realized just how much this would block out to once it was wet - that's ok, I'm happy with a long shawl. This enables me to wear it as a scarf wrap-around style, which I love! The width of 15" makes it just right for that use.

I have never been more pleased with a FO before. Although the pattern is quite simple the end result having used the Malabrigo Sock yarn is just stunning. The garment is feather light and the drape is exquisite!

After having to frog the previous start of a wool peddler I am happy to have finished 'Happy Place' in plenty of time for the wedding next weekend. This shawl deserves it's name as I was very happy to knit on it and I was extremely happy with the end result. The only glitch was colour variation between the two balls even though they were the same dye lot, but because of the variances in each ball it doesn't really affect the outcome that much.

The colour of the shawl goes great with my dress so having it done in time and to be pleasantly surprised by just how much I love the shawl is a pleasant gift!

Oh, I guess you can see our tuckered pooch in this shot - he had a walk and spent some time outside and this is a big AND, he got into his dog food and had a FEAST! I think he is experiencing 'Thanksgiving Sleepiness'.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big sister saying "I told you so" on the yarn - see it was worth it wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete