Wednesday, August 04, 2010

British Columbia Bound


I'm leaving in just a few hours for just about a week. I'm flying out to Vancouver, B.C. for my Dad's upcoming wedding on Saturday, August 7th. I'll be staying with my big sis and family in White Rock, B.C. My DH is staying home with the pooch as we had spent enough money on our home renovations this year. He will have a quiet relaxing time as our DD isn't back from her trip until next Monday.
Yarn is packed and I'm ready to Knit! My sister has a very quiet home - they don't watch t.v. so that gives us plenty of time to sit and visit while we knit.
I picked up some Phentex worsted in two different variegated colours - Neopolitan and Chocolate covered Cherry. These are for our prayer shawl ministry at the church. I'm using the basic pattern as it requires 555 yds and these skeins have 582. I started the Neopolitan one yesterday on some nice Clover bamboo needles. I am pretty sure I can take them on the plane and knit during the 2 hour flight. I also packed a skein for a gift I'm knitting - I can't say too much as this person sometimes reads my blog. I also am planning a yarn crawl into Vancouver to get some yarn for some other gift items that I have planned for Christmas.
When I return from my trip not only will my DD be home but my little sis and her two kids will be here for four days. Should be yet another great visit.

Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget the card playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your dear Dad on his wedding! How exciting.

    Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete