Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pacific Breeze

While visiting my sister in White Rock we did our annual yarn crawl and visited Three Bags Full in Vancouver. I picked up this gorgeous Sweet Georgia yarn and knit myself the Shadow Scarf. I love using scarves to dress up an outfit and yet until recently hadn't knit one. The shawl I made to wear to the wedding also works good as a scarf but I wanted a narrow scarf. I did the scarf version of the shawl pattern. Quite a bit was knit sitting on her back deck which faces the ocean so it is aptly named Pacific Breeze! This Sweet Georgia yarn is simply gorgeous. I also picked up some Berocco Ultra Alpaca to make myself the Every Way Wrap, some Louet Euroflax for another scarf and some cascade 220 for a beret! It was a lot of fun doing the yarn crawl - we had a delicious pistachio and rose water milkshake and a great lunch at a wonderful Parisian bakery!

1 comment:

  1. Pistachio and rose water? Really??? Sounds interesting!

    I love knitting with Euroflax --- it's a little stiff while knitting, but washes and blocks up so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete