Monday, October 25, 2010

Inspired

My sister knit this shawl, well in fact she was just finishing it up when I visited her this summer. Right away I was in love with the shawl. Yesterday I was bored, I had things I could be knitting but I was in the mood to knit a shawl.

I quickly went to Ravelry and downloaded the pattern, it was money well spent. I can tell that this is going to be a shawl I knit more than once.

I'm currently knitting this one for a friend for Christmas. I had originally knit a dayflower lace scarf but the colours seemed to childlike and I decided to donate it to a silent auction for some fundraising our church is doing for orphans in Kenya.

So on to the knitting, I knew I wanted to knit something for her for Christmas but she's allergic to wool. I had found Bernat Mosaic and it seemed like the perfect yarn as it was acrylic but almost like a wool free Noro. Then in my stash I discovered I had some Fable, reading the label I realized it was perfect! A nice cotton/silk blend and enough yardage in the stash to knit this shawl. The CO was tricky but I just did what they had written and in it all worked out fine.  Now to think of a name and I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment