Sunday, November 21, 2010

Butter Tarts

This was a recipe passed on from my DH Grandma, I like it as it is not sickly sweet yet it is still very tasty. I picked up mini-tart pans recently, usually I used muffin tins - either will do, bit the mini are perfect for one bite nibbling :)

Filling:
1/2 cup hard margarine(melted)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 eggs(lightly beaten)
2 cups raisins

Pastry - make your own if you choose or buy pre-made shells. There is enough filling for 6 dozen mini tarts.

Melt margarine, allow to cool a bit. Lightly beat eggs. Pre-soak raisins(if desired, I do this) in boiling water to plump them up, drain. Mix all filling ingredients. Fill shells.

Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, enjoy!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

2 comments:

  1. They sound very decadent.

    Reminds me of the line from the Beatles song about Admiral Halsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butter tarts sound delicious...I'm going to have to try them for Christmas :) Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete