Wednesday, December 08, 2010

My Spring Meadow

So I finished my Spring Meadow(Shaeyln Shawl) this morning - it was done last night but it was time for bed so I cast off this morning. I love how the yellow went with the three little pigs, quite lucky actually. Lesson learned don't ever attempt a project with discontinued yarn unless you know for sure you have enough on hand to finish.

I took some good advice from my sis and a fellow blogger and used the yellow as much as needed and added the three little pigs at the end to pull it all together. I think it worked very well, thanks for the great advice.

I think Judith is going to love this shawl, it has a 59" wingspan and is 28" deep - perfect Christmas Gift!

5 comments:

  1. If I didn't know better, I would have thought you planned the color scheme to begin with ;) It turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hakucho, the yarn was a fairly good match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it worked out. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete