Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Baking Relief!

What do you do when you are tired and get a cold before Christmas and you want to have baking to share with the family? Well if you're lucky like me you'll know a great baker who loves to bake and she'll make you 12 dozen of the most delicious cookies for $25. This was just what the doctor ordered to keep me sane! I am almost done baking. I did make some Cinnamon Roll Cookies this weekend, but when you get a bad cold it takes a lot of energy. I was going to do jam jam's but I'm thinking now that it's just not going to happen. 
I'm trying to remind myself that it isn't about how much you bake or how many gifts you have to offer, there is more reason to the season. So instead of ending up celebrating Stressmas, I'm going to take a cue from my good friend and boss and 'take it easy' and actually celebrate a joy filled Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. We're doing a "laid-back" Christmas this year. So far, so good!

    Wishing you and your family the very best Christmas ever AND that you will be feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the laid back Christmas, it's been a heck of an autumn for us. Marc's dad is in the hospital and in ICU for almost a week. We are going to do what needs to be done, not what everyone is used to to enjoy the season. Hope you geel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh ...I haven't even started making my cookies yet! Hope you feel better real soon :)

    To answer your question about my gift bag...I would say it's a medium sized bag...not too small and not too big. Sorry, I don't have one to measure. I was able to fit 6 handmade dishcloths inside it for the one I made as a gift. It was well received. You might want to ask Nancy (http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/2010/12/round-and-round.html)...she just finished a bag. I bet she'd measure it for you if she still has it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to respond to your email about the gift bag, but you did not include your email address. Would you email me again: pinnut3200@yahoo.com, and I will answer your question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag as I recall is a pretty quick knit. I want to knit one as a gift bag (maybe red)for Christmas too, but have to finish one/ actually 2 more presents first. I really need two more arms this time of year ;)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Very Happy New Year to you all :)

    ReplyDelete