Monday, March 28, 2011

Trying my Hand at Crochet Again...

Life has gotten busier lately. Our DD is graduating from high school this year. I've been crazy busy with knitting and crochet. I finished a Pay It Forward Handmade for my older sister and I'm just over half way done on the one for my younger sister. I'm also very involved with my churches prayer shawl ministry. On March 20th we had 21 more shawls blessed at Mass and distributed, it was a huge success again. Actually there are people now on waiting lists to get a shawl for a loved one. Previously I had only knit shawls but I thought I'd try my hand at crocheting. I learned how to crochet first but since picking up knitting in the last 6 years I've really put crochet on the back burner. I'm pleased to say that I have already finished one shawl and am over half way on the second, this is since March 22! I can crochet much faster. As the goal is to get several shawls made I plan to crochet a few more before trying another knit version. This is a very easy pattern found at LionBrand's website - 'Caramel Tweed Shawl'. All done in half double crochet. I made this one in more masculine colours. The second one I started is in a simple closed shell pattern.

The last picture is my DD's very unique 'conversation piece' Grad shoes! We picked her dress out on Saturday, she looks like a princess!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to DD! Her shoes are so cool! Or should I say (in my best Paris Hilton voice) --- they're HOTTTTTTTTTTT!

    Hope she has a wonderful last month or so in school and a memorable graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prayer shawl stitch looks like shells...very pretty :)

    Your daughter must be very excited that she'll be graduating very soon. I know my son last year couldn't wait for HS to be over and done. He like college so much better. They grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete