Tuesday, May 24, 2011

22 Years of Wedded Bliss, formerly known as 20!

 This afghan was two long years in the making. I started it in March 2009 for our anniversary in May. Then the Swine Flu attacked and I was out of commission for around 6 - 8 weeks and my knitting really suffered. You know you're sick when you don't want to knit. Next thing it was summer and too hot to knit on a wool blanket. I'd pick it up off and on in the Fall but I had Christmas knitting to tend to. Over the last two years it's had it's ups and downs and there were times I doubted I'd ever finish it. I recently completed another afghan, my first with knitting and it inspired me to push through and finish for once. Thankfully we had a nice rainy weekend, perfect for knitting. I knit like crazy and before long it was done. After 8 balls of Cascade Heathers in Baby Pink and 2 years and 2 months it was done! I soaked it in Eucalan and blocked it. It now has a home on my bed with Blessings Bear! I am thrilled to have it done and just days before my 22nd Anniversary!
 This afghan wouldn't normally take that long. I'm planning to make a few of the smaller carriage versions for a local organization that helps teen mom's who keep their babies. I've wanted to knit for them for a bit and I love how this pattern knits up. I will use acrylic as new mom's won't want the bother of washing wool.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I used that same pattern for a shawl. Feather and Fan is such a great pattern for so many things.

    Happy "almost" anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Anniversary! Love your lacy pink blanket. That's a big undertaking knitting a blanket for a big bed and doesn't it feel good to finish?

    ReplyDelete