Thursday, May 19, 2011

Friendly Atlanta

 We went on a trip in April to Atlanta, my first trip to the US. I have to say this city is very friendly!!! No matter where you were from a food court to a high end store or hotel all the staff was so helpful :) I love the Ambassador system. I got lost once, quite lost and disoriented on my way to find a shoe store and a lovely shop manager actually walked me to my destination!!!

We stayed in the Westin Peachtree Plaza on the 42nd floor and the view from our hotel room was amazing! We enjoyed good food at Meehan's Pub, loved the pub fries and the deep fried pickles!

We had one day where my DH was not in meetings and it happened to be on the Fiesta Atlanta in Olympic Park right by the hotel, great food and music. We then headed off to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca Cola. Plenty of souvenirs there as although I drink Pepsi, I love Coca Cola memorabilia. I actually have an antique cooler that my Granny had for years, it still works great better than any of our new Coleman ones!

I got around great on the MARTA system and
 ventured off to Atlantic Station for some shopping. It was a great time! I would definitely go back!


2 comments:

  1. Well, you know how I feel. I adore ATLANTA! Don't get up there nearly often enough.

    I love that coppery-building you have in the picture. The architecture is so interesting on that one. So pretty at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a nice trip! Never been to Atlanta...looks like a nice place to visit!

    ReplyDelete