Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peace and Prayers

This is 'The Cotton Dishcloth(once removed or dressed up) - I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton in the new colour Peace.I love this pattern and I have knit it several times over the years. It knits up very quickly and everyone seems to be intrigued with it because it is round :).

I have been working on a few projects. I'm almost done one of my PIFH gifts. It is a big project and I'm looking forward to finishing it later this week and posting pictures at the end of the month. I have to wait until the recipient gets it.



I adapted my Seeding the Fields Cloth by CO 57 stitches and doing a four row garter border, although it curled a tad so next time I will do a eight or ten stitch border on the bottom. It works nice for a simple rectangular shawl. I've named this one 'A Prairie Romance' as it's pattern is named after planting the fields it seemed to fit as the yarn colour was called Romance. I'm using Phentex Acrylic Worsted, one skein will make a nice sized ladies shawl, it is for our churches Prayer Shawl Ministry.

2 comments:

  1. I love that cloth. Put it immediately in my queue on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dishcloth and I love your shawl for your prayer shawl ministry. Nice change from the usual stitch pattern that's usually used! Happy Knitting :)

    ReplyDelete