Sunday, September 25, 2011

Yes, I'm still around! I don't have too many followers lately so I'm sure my absence wasn't noticed much. Life has been hectic since Fall kicked in. We also adopted a 3mth old Border Collie/Labrador Retriever Cross from the Humane Society just as our holidays ended. Let me tell you, I forgot how much attention a puppy needs. Piper is a ball of energy. When we got her she was obviously under weight, she weighed 16 pounds and you could see and feel her ribs. Since we got her in the middle of August she has gained 10.5 pounds and she's averaging a gain of 2lbs/week. We are busy playing with her and walking her so I don't get much time to do anything else. Knitting has been slow going, but I did finish this set for my niece's 10th birthday - she turns 10 in December and they moved farther North. I thought a nice scarf/hat sat was appropriate. Of course I had to bling it up, I used Red Heart Shimmer. Her mom is a busy one and this needs to be machine washable. Today I picked up the buttons at Michael's, I like they way they tie it all together. If you haven't tried either of these patterns, I highly recommend them!

I'm not doing a lot of Christmas knitting this year, I usually find I am too stressed out by the end and worried I won't finish in time. I'm also working on some 'me' knitting and I continue to try to fit in prayer shawl knitting.

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful set.

    Bling and cables - what more could a young lady want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you!

    The scarf and hat are adorable and just perfect for the stylish young lady.

    Congrats on the new family member. When do we get to see pictures? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the newest member of your family :) Love the scarf and hat set...very spiffy, matchy matchy! I'm sure your niece loved it!!

    ReplyDelete