Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Whole Wheat Sunflower Bread

I adore my Bread Machine, it's so easy to get tasty and interesting loaves at home at a fraction of the cost. A nice loaf of bread runs you between $3 and $5. This is a variation of a recipe I've been doing for years. This version is a little lighter and the sunflower seeds are a nice addition.

2 cups water
3 Tbsp margarine(or oil)
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp milk powder(I use fresh if I'm not using delay setting)
4 Tbsp sugar
3 cups white flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup 7 grain or Red River cereal
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 1/4 tsp yeast(I use 1 tsp of the fast acting yeast)

Measure ingredients into machine in order listed, place pan into unit. Select Whole Grain loaf and size. This makes a 3lb loaf. You can cut this in half if you have a 1 1/2 lb unit. Hit start and wait for the goodness to begin.

My family loves this bread and prefers it over to the pricey loaves you get at the super market. If you try it let me know what you think of it.

2 comments:

  1. Homemade bread is so yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question on my blog: no, it's not any harder to do toe up. It just different.

    BTW --- I have misplaced your email address. Could you email it to me. (My dang smart phone killed my address book.)

    ReplyDelete