Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Christmas Treats

Last night I made my DH's favorite cookie of all time, the gingersnap. I'm not usually crazy for them, but these turned out so good I couldn't stop eating them!

3/4 cup hard margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup fancy (mild) molasses
2 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp.salt
1/4 cup sugar

Cream margarine and first amount of sugar together in a large bowl. Add egg. Beat well. Add molasses, beat until smooth.

Combine next 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add to margarine mixture in 2 additions, mixing well after each addition, until no dry flour remains. Roll into 1" balls. Roll each ball into the second amount of sugar until coated. Arrange 2" apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until firm. Cool on wire racks.
Yield: Approx 7 1/2 dozen.

The knitting is a Hanging Kitchen towel and an old fashioned dishcloth, a Christmas gift for a friend.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I LOVE gingersnaps.

    The new format you are using makes it difficult to see single posts so printing the recipe was a bit tricky, but I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That view was bugging me too, I have switched it back, thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ginger snaps are a favorite in my house too! Yours look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete