Thursday, December 22, 2011

Superior Customer Service

A few months back we bought ourselves our first rice cooker. I did a ton of research. The Oster brand kept coming up on top for what we could buy locally. It was in our price range so we decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed for the first time ever the rice cooked perfectly, there was no second guessing. Not only was it great at cooking rice but in the morning we could get it loaded up with oats(groats) and water and take our pups for a walk and when we came home we had perfectly cooked oatmeal. Life was great.

Then one day it started turning itself off randomly. At first I would think I forgot to hit 'start'. After a bit it no longer even turned on. I contacted customer service for Oster and was directed to take it to an authorized repair shop. I did so and was disappointed to find out that the part wasn't available for my machine, the big problem was that I hadn't kept my receipt and so the warranty was no longer any good.

I was really frustrated and I sent off a pretty fierce email to the company. I waited and the next day I had a reply from customer service apologizing for the inconvenience. They would send me a new one and it should arrive in 2 - 3 weeks.

This afternoon we had a knock at the back door and here was the replacement rice cooker. I'm very pleased with their customer service. I also learned a very valuable lesson about keeping receipts. The repair shop was very clear that Oster does back their warranties, clearly that is the case.

Thank you Oster!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear about a company that stands behind their product.

    I've had several times this year to be pleasantly surprised by good customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy it all worked out for you. Enjoy your cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it all worked out for you. Love hearing about the "good" companies out there :) In the fall I bought a small Oster rice cooker for my college son. Thumbs up :)

    happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete