Friday, February 24, 2012

Sampler Aghan Project

I've decided after many years of procrastinating to knit an afghan for my queen size bed. I went over many pattern ideas in my head, from one piece ripples to log cabin. In the end I've decided on doing a variation of the LionBrand Sampler Throw. I had to modify it to get it to the right size so it meant adding extra rows and squares. The plan is an 7 x 8 afghan of 9"inch squares.

Today I'm on square #6, it's going really smoothly so far. I decided on Red Heart Soft. The yarn is quite soft and remarkably nice for acrylic and the price was right! I got them on sale at Michaels 2/$7 - 50% off.

So far I have 6 of the eight patterns selected for the squares:
Basketweave
Seed
Single Chevron
Trinity
Garter
Harris Tweed


The colours
Trinity Stitch
I want to have a variety of textures along with colours. I'm not overly stoked about seaming it up, but I think the end result will be worth it. Here is a picture of the progress of my Trinity Square in Teal and a picture of the colours of yarn I selected(there is a huge bag of the rest in my closet...lol).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an impressive project to tackle. I have also talked about it but haven't bit the bullet. Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea making a sampler blanket. Especially with a queen sized one - - you won't get bored at all having a new a different pattern to try. Best of luck and I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete