Sunday, June 24, 2012

Homemade Iced Tea

We love homemade iced tea, so much better than the pre-packaged mixes. This is one of my new favorites - Peach Infused Iced Tea. I love Peach flavored iced teas. To make a 3l jug follow the instructions below, switch it up a bit with different fruit tea infusions, I think this would be great with any citrus, mint or berry teas.

What you Need
10 tea bags
3 l of water
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup boiling water
Sunshine


*On a hot day fill a jug with 10 tea bags and water, place a lid on it and set it out in the sun to steep, yes it really works! You can also steep it overnight on the counter, but I like letting the sun steep my tea.

To sweeten 3 litres of iced tea take 3/4 cups of sugar and stir in 3/4 cups boiling water to make a simple syrup.

To infuse the tea with fruit tea flavoring, steep a cup of water with triple strength of fruit tea, this can be bagged or loose tea. I used a loose tea called Peach Dream. Steep for about 5 minutes. Add this to the jug of iced tea. Serve over ice.

Store on the counter, keeps for two days. If it's refrigerated the tea will be cloudy.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... sounds delicious. One of my favorites is orange spice iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so refreshing! I wouldn't expect any less from the tea queen

    ReplyDelete