Sunday, July 01, 2012

A Bread Recipe you must try!


My sister gave me the link to this Artisan Crusty Bread recipe, since are not only knitsters but breadsters as well, I totally trust her opinion on bread.

I wasn't sure what to do as I don't have a Le Creuset dish, or plan on buying one in the near future. I do have a 3.5 qt. KitchenAid casserole dish with lid. I just happen to browse Canadian Tire's flyer and lo and behold they had the 6.5 qt. KitchenAid Dutch Oven on sale for $69.99 regular $199.99. I knew I had to have it. I had received a MasterCard gift card for my birthday, way back in Decermber. For some reason I hadn't found anything I wanted to use it for, now I know why. My first batch didn't turn out as good, I think I had too much water. I was concerned it was because I had used the large Dutch Oven. With my second batch I used the 3.5 qt and it worked great. If you have a 3.5 qt covered casserole you can go ahead and use it instead of buying another pot, unless you want to of course :)!


For the first loaf I followed the recipe to a 't', but I like to mix it up and both DH and I prefer multi-grain and whole wheat breads.

In my second batch, shown here I substituted 1/2 cup of the white flour with 1/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup 7 grain cereal(Red River).

I'm pleased to say the results were great, we both love this loaf even more than the first. We do also prefer a soft crust so I did cool the bread covered, and that takes care of any crispy crust, if you like it crispy don't cover it until it cools.

Go over to Janet's and try it for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Isn't this just the greatest recipe? I dint think Ill buy store-bought bread again - ever!

    ReplyDelete