Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Preparations

I know it's been so long since I posted, I must get back in the swing of things.

I've been busy baking and decorating the house. I want to have a stress free Advent.

Homemade butter tarts - a family favorite. I tried a new recipe this year from All Recipes and the filling is so delicious!
 Whipped shortbread, literally melts in your mouth!
 Amazing Gingersnaps - I'll post the recipe below. The nice thing is they crackle like they're supposed to, leave them out so they get nice and hard like a good gingersnap should be.
Easy decorating idea, mason jar, epsom salts and tea lights as well as a bit of ribbon if you like.
These are recycled mason jars from Classico sauces, a great size. I put the Epsom salts in the bottom and use a pair of tongs to drop the tea light in, wrap a bit of ribbon around the rim and you have a nice festive candle holder for a really reasonable price.





Amazing Gingersnaps
3/4 cup hard margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup fancy (mild) molasses
2 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp.salt
1/4 cup sugar

Cream margarine and first amount of sugar together in a large bowl. Add egg. Beat well. Add molasses, beat until smooth.

Combine next 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add to margarine mixture in 2 additions, mixing well after each addition, until no dry flour remains. Roll into 1" balls. Roll each ball into the second amount of sugar until coated. Arrange 2" apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until firm. Cool on wire racks.
Yield: Approx 7 1/2 dozen.

2 comments:

  1. The recipes ALL sound so good! I love a good gingersnap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe - gingersnaps are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete