Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Classic Bran Muffins

Whenever I visited at my Granny's house she either offered me a bran muffin or a rhubarb muffin. She always had some made and stored away in the freezer. I always loved them! I know some people don't like bran muffins but if you try these you might change your mind. These are very moist and so tasty. The key ingredient here is the buttermilk.

Whenever I make/eat these it reminds me of my dear sweet Granny. She always said she wasn't a great cook but her food couldn't be beat. I don't think I ever disliked anything she made, it was all so good. I wish I had more of her recipes to treasure.


Classic Bran Muffins


These are a very moist bran muffin - you won't even need butter!

1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375F

Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand.

Combine vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla - add to bran mixture.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to first mixture, mix until just blended.

Add raisins

Bake 15 - 20 minutes

Makes 12 Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment