Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fun Mail

Today I got my participation price for participating in Nancy's coloring contest in December. I had a lot of fun coloring and in fact it is still on my fridge! I was surprised to find this waiting for me in yesterday's mail. As soon as I saw the recipient the lights went off and I remembered that I was getting something from the contest, how sweet!

Isn't this just the nicest participation prize! I've attempted socks once, and I lost. I did however successfully make three Christmas stockings, so some part of me understands the concept. I just have to get used to doing it with sock yarn and smaller needles. I've already discovered the pattern that I'm going to try for my first pair using the Cascade Fixation. It is Cascade Fixation Ankle socks. I rarely wear socks that go up my calves so I thought this was a good starting place for me and the pattern seems to be very easy to read. You can find it on Ravery for free.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the package arrived: I was worried since I didn't have your last name.

    You can make other items with the sock yarn - a cowl, some fingerless mitts, mittens, a hat, a scarf. Have fun knitting.

    I still am unable to email you. No matter how many times I try, it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your snappy new socks. Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarns are very nice ! I have never used the Cascade Fixation but the Heart & Sole is one of my favorites. Very soft !

    ReplyDelete