Sunday, January 27, 2013

T.V.

Four Weddings and a Funeral

I'm probably one of a growing few who have opted for other options over the traditional cable t.v. services. We do have Netflix and that is growing more all the time with it's variety but I am also starting to use some of the savings from reducing my cable bill by about $100/month on purchasing series that I like to watch and will re-watch. I was looking to pick up a dvd that for some reason isn't offered on Netflix or cineplex online store, it's Four Weddings and a Funeral. I haven't seen it in ages but I really love it. So today I ordered that for $5 and I picked up a delightful BBC series called Larkrise to Candleford, a true gem based on trilogy written by Flora Thompson. The first episode I watched, I was hooked. Now that being said, I am also in love with Downton Abbey and Miss Marple. If you like those kinds of shows, you will definitely love this series. I lucked out and it was 46% off when I went to order it. I'm going to definitely treasure this for many years.

1 comment:

  1. Larkrise is without doubt my very favourite series ever. It has such charm and sweetness too it while still being very intelligent. It is wonderful that Flora Thompson wrote this book about how the world was changing at the end of the 1800's. The world went through so much adjustment then - some changes for the better for sure, but I think the world lost some wonderful things also. We've watched the series in its entirety four times now and I know we will watch it again. You've spent your money well.
    And who doesn't love Four Weddings and a Funeral? Great movie - and a bargain at $5. Tonight we'll catch up on Downton Abbey.
    Other suggestions: London Hospital, Berkely Square, Lillies - all BBC series.

    ReplyDelete