Friday, December 27, 2013

My Granny Stripe

This is my progress on my Granny Stripe. When it is done it will cover my queen size bed, this started out as a sampler afghan but honestly I got tired of making all the squares and sewing them together. Then I stumbled upon this and I knew what I needed to do with my yarn. This has been a UFO for a bit as I worked on deadline knitting but I sure was glad to pull it out of the basket and start it up again. I am about half way done now and I can't wait to complete it. This will be my first ever handmade item of this size. I've never made myself a crocheted or knitted afghan for my bed.

Next up I'd like to do some Hudson Bay blankets as throws for some family members.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors you chose. Once you sleep under your own knits ...you'll be making many, many more. My blanket is an Aran knit that I made over 25 years ago and it's STILL my favorite blanket.

    ReplyDelete