Monday, August 18, 2014

Another Christmas gift off the needles :D


Racing Stripes Afghan
I finished another of my Christmas gifts last night, this one took longer than I thought I started it in April but when the weather warmed up and it grew, it became more of a knitting in bed project or a cool day project. This was the Basic Stripes Afghan by Bernat.

I'm definitely happy with it, the yarn is a little difficult when joins are made in that it's very slippery and doesn't want to weave in or knit in well, but I managed and there was a LOT of weaving in, my least favorite part but the end result was worth it. If I knit this pattern again I will use the Bernat as I have used it before and it's a good yarn.

This is for my 10 year old nephew who loves bright bold colours and specifically loves these. His sister Jenah is also getting a hand knit blanket this year. I hope they stay nice and cozy this winter.

1 comment:

  1. I love those happy colors.

    You didn't happen to use Hobby Lobby yarn, did you? I am having that same problem with the ends not wanting to stay secure. I finally resorted to knotting the ends. It won't really matter since all color changes are at the sides, but wow ....slippery yarn!

    ReplyDelete