Monday, July 13, 2015

Homemade Iced Cap

It's that time of year as we Canadians refer to as 'Iced Cap Season'. There is nothing better on a hot summer day than a cold iced cap from Timmies. However, there are times when you are at home and you just want one but you don't even want to brave the heat...lol! Or, let's face it your coffee budget is used up...:D

The other day I wanted an Iced Cap but due to construction the closest one wasn't easily accessible so I went home and got creative and it turned out pretty darn good. There is less ice in mine but still quite impressive for a home recipe.

Homemade Iced Cap:
Pot of double strength brewed coffee(warm is ok)
Ice
Honey - 3 Tbsp
Cream

Fill blender almost to the top with ice cubes, add the honey and then fill the blender about half way with coffee. Add cream - this is a personal preference I based mine on how the colour was to my liking. I kind of know that by looking and you probably do to. I'd say maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Blend away and pour into a nice glass and add a straw...enjoy! This made quite a bit about 7 servings.

1 comment: